Facility Reopening Information
After careful planning and guidance from leadership, we are excited to let you know that we're reopening on September 14th. As always, the safety of our staff and members is our top priority, and we've been working hard to get ready to welcome you back and provide you with the clean, sanitary, and enjoyable workout experience.
While we are planning to reopen on September 14th, payroll deductions will not be
activated until October paychecks for both the biweekly and monthly pay cycle.
We are proud of our high cleanliness standards and have extensive cleaning and sanitation
guidelines in place. Our staff conduct regular and thorough cleaning of all equipment,
surfaces, and areas of the gym and floor. There will also be a regular complete overnight
deep cleaning of the facility. Although of course we cannot eliminate all risks associated
with COVID-19, we've taken additional steps to strengthen our guidelines and procedures
to help keep you and our staff feel safe when we reopen. But ultimately our members
are our biggest defense against the spread of this or any virus. If you are not feeling
well for any reason, please stay home and rest or seek appropriate medical advice.
Learn more about everything we're doing to keep your EFC clean and safe below:
Extra cleaning and safety precautions we are taking when you return:
- Increased sanitation throughout the gym floor: EFC staff will be performing increased,
thorough cleanings throughout all areas of fitness center using disinfectant effective
- Cleaning with disinfectant will be performed hourly and more frequently with additional
usage of equipment.
- Everyone will wear masks at ALL times while in facility.
- Additional gym wipe stations provided
- Physical distancing: To allow for physical distancing, some pieces of cardio equipment
will be temporarily out of use to create additional space.
- We have 8 feet physical distancing floor signs for group fitness class attendees
as well as continuing to offer Teams Live virtual fitness classes.
-Touch-free check-in experience, including group fitness class attendance and ActivTrax
- Limited Day Use lockers that will be cleaned every hour with locker room disinfection.
How you can help keep our EFC safe & healthy:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before using equipment
- Disinfect equipment before and after use with wipes provided
- Maintain physical distance between members and staff
- Please stay home if you're not feeling well. We will be here for you when you feel
- Finally, one of the best ways to stay healthy is to stay active. We've been proud
to keep you moving during this time while you're at home through our daily Teams live
virtual events and exercises on our free ActivTrax app.
1. Are locker rooms available?
Yes, locker rooms and showers are available. We ask that members maintain social distancing in the locker rooms and at all times throughout the facility.
2. Will group fitness classes be offered?
Yes, we will offer a limited number of classes daily both in-person and virtually with physical distancing of 8 feet or more, per USG policy face masks will be required. In the unlikely event that we reach class capacity members will be asked to sign up ahead of time on our ActivTrax app and be given an alternative workout to provide physical distancing guidelines.
Classes virtual and in person are listed on https://employeewellness.kennesaw.edu/fitness-center/group-fitness.php
3. What are the center hours?
Center hours have been changed during this initial opening. Current hours can be found HERE. We look forward to re-considering these hours as we open up further services.
4. What does the new check-in process look like?
In order to ensure safe & proper distancing upon arrival, we are implementing touchless check-in process, simply stand behind front desk plexiglass and share your name for speedy check-in. Spacing for check-in is marked on the floor to ensure social distancing of six feet apart
Once your check-in is complete, we request you sanitize your hands before using the center
Additionally, a new exit for all member safety is identified.
5. Will you still be providing Student Fitness Coaching?
Currently, we are training new staff cleaning, disinfecting and safety protocols and anticipate continuing to offer very shortly, physically distanced.
6. I am not yet comfortable, physically coming into the Center. What are my options?
We are sorry to hear that we haven’t seen you in person yet. We would love to have the opportunity to fill you in and show you the safety protocols we have put in place to keep you safe, scroll above to read our member safety protocols.
We have worked hard to build our customized ActivTrax software options and our Virtual Center with instructors from our EFC family. Our ActivTrax customized workout software option is exclusively available to our members at this time. To get started today email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration support and questions, or to participate in our virtual fitness options check out our Virtual September Teams events HERE.