Employee Well-being Champions
KSU Well-being Champions
- Are passionate about health - Aspire to be role models and have enthusiasm for enhancing the culture of health in the KSU Community
- Have strong social skills - Connect easily with employees, are compassionate, and have strong communication and leadership skills
- Model desired behaviors - Express an interest in improving health and well-being.
The common denominator for well-being champions is a desire to connect and inspire others to greater well-being.
Role and Responsibilities
- Promote our well-being program and events to fellow colleagues.
- Bring colleagues’ ideas and comments back to Well-being Champion Meetings to satisfy the needs of our employee and improve programs & events.
- Provide leadership in their department to encourage a healthy work environment and healthy work practices for fellow colleagues.
- Encourage colleagues to be their healthy best and to better manage work-life demands.
- Serve as a role model for making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Commit one hour per month for programming/promotion in addition to attendance at meetings, totaling up to 20 hours annually for at least one academic year.